|Study Design||Recruitment of cases|
|Lipid Clinics Participating in the study||Follow-up|
|What is being measured?||Surveys Safeheart|
The general objectives of this project are:
- 1) to determine the absolute and relative mortality from all causes and from cardiovascular disease in treated FH patients.
- 2) to analyse the relative risk of non-fatal cardiovascular events in this population
- 3) to study the prognostic role of classic risk factors, dietary habits and genetic variability associated with favourable or unfavourable evolution in FH clinical expression.
- 4) to analyse the role of LDL-r mutation types in determining the risk of coronary disease.
- 5) To estimate the long-term quality of life of FH subjects and their families.